This winter warmer combines succulent tender meat with a thick rich gravy. Perfect to come home to after a long day at work. Low carbohydrate this dish is ideal for shedding a few pounds in the run up to the festive season.
Ingredients 150g Diced Beef
2tsp Olive Oil
1/2 Garlic Clove
1/4 Onion (diced)
30ml Red Wine
Fresh Thyme Leaves
100g Button Mushrooms
1/2 Medium Carrot
1/2 Celery Stick
2tsp Tomato Purée
2tsp Chopped Parsley
1. Season the beef with salt & pepper
2. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat
3. Add the meat and cook for 4 minutes until brown all over
4. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook for a further 2-3 minutes
5. Add the wine and bring to the boil
6. Add the rest of the vegetables to the pan and season with salt & pepper
7. Add the beef stock, tomato purée and thyme. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a low heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes
8. Remove the lid from the pan and simmer for a further 5 minutes until the sauce is thickened
9. Stir the parsley into the pan, taste and season if needed. Serve immediately.
If you are looking for someone who specialises in weight loss in solihull, leave a message on the CW Nutrition contact page and see how you can change your lifestyle in a sustainable and scientific way.