One of the most famous takeaway dishes, this Sichuan origin meal is not only spicy and incredibly tasty, it is also low in carbohydrate and perfect for weight loss.
Ingredients For the Chicken
150g Chicken Breast (thinly sliced)
2 tsp Olive oil
1tsp Sichuan Peppercorns
1 Red Chilli (diced)
1tsp Dry Sherry (optional)
1/4 Red Pepper (sliced)
1/2 Spring Onion (sliced)
For the Sauce
1/4 Vegetable Stock cube with 70ml boiling water
1tsp Light Soy Sauce
1tsp Tomato Ketchup
1tsp Balsamic Vinegar
1tsp Hoisin Sauce
1/4 tsp Chilli Sauce
1. Place the chicken in a bowl and season with Salt & Pepper
2. Add the ingredients for the sauce to a separate bowl and mix well
3. Heat a wok/frying pan over a high heat and add the oil
4. Add the peppercorns, and chilli, then fry for 2 minutes
5. As the chicken starts to cook, add the sherry and cook for a further 2 minutes, then pour in the sauce
6. Wait for the sauce to start boiling, then add the red pepper and cook until the chicken is no longer pink and the sauce has thickened
7. Add the spring onion, cook for 1 minute then serve.
If you are looking for someone who specialises in weight loss in solihull, leave a message on the CW Nutrition contact page and see how you can change your lifestyle in a sustainable and scientific way.