This traditional Russian Beef dish dates back to the mid 1800's. An easy meal to cook a batch in under 20 minutes and a great muscle building meal that can be shared with family and friends.
2 tsp Olive Oil
1/4 Onion (sliced)
1/2 Garlic Clove (crushed)
85g Mushrooms (sliced)
180g Rump Steak (sliced)
40g Brown Rice
1/4 tsp Dijon Mustard
1/2 tsp Tomato Puree
25ml Creme fraiche
25ml Soured Cream
1tbsp Fresh Parsley
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the rice and leave to cook for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
2. While the rice is cooking, heat 1tsp of olive oil in a frying pan over a low heat, add the onion and garlic and cook gently for 8-10 minutes or until soft and golden. Remove and set aside.
3. Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Set aside.
4. Increase the heat and add 1tsp of olive oil. Add the steak to the pan and stir fry until browned all over.
5. Re-add the onion, garlic and mushrooms to the pan. Reduce the heat and stir in the mustard, tomato puree, creme fraiche and soured cream. Heat through gently. Stir in the parsley and season to taste.
6. Remove and drain the rice, season with salt & pepper, and serve with the beef.